If hair loss is an issue or if you just love wearing wigs for convenience, Ms Lola's custom wigs and hair units can be ordered to suit your needs beautifully. We now have our own factory in Qingdao, China where we try hard to produce custom orders in 60 business days (excluding US and China holidays), and ship thereafter in 7-10 business days. Ordering is easy. Just click on the order form of your choice (60-Day or Elite) and enter the choices for your wig into the drop down fields and then submit the order when you have finished. You may also email Ms Lola or call her at 252-339-8802 prior to completing the form if you need help or have questions.
How To Have Your Wig (Full Cranial Prosthesis) Covered By Medical Insurance
If you are a medical patient who has permanent hair loss (such as alopecia areata, alopecia totalis, trichotillomania), or or temporary hair loss resulting from treatment for chemotherapy, radiation, or any other clinical disease, you can file an insurance claim to receive partial or full cost of your Full Cranial Prosthesis from your health insurance company.
Coverage Depends on Your Insurance Plan
For medical hair loss, depending on your policy, you may obtain full or partial payment for the Full Cranial Prosthesis.
Most insurance companies will cover between 80-100% of the cost for your full cranial prosthesis and will allow you to receive one cranial prosthesis per year for medical hair loss.
Some insurance companies will require you to pay upfront and then reimburse you.
Most Types of Medical Hair Loss Covered By Insurance
- Chemotherapy Related Hair Loss
- Radiation Related Hair Loss
- Thyroid Related Hair Loss
- Medical Hair Loss Due to Genetics, Stress, Reaction to Medical Illness, Life and Environmental Changes, Aging, Thinning, and/or Balding
What Should You Ask Your Health Insurance Provider's Benefits Services?
- If your policy covers a cranial prosthesis
- If yes, what type of cranial prosthesis is covered (i.e. synthetic wigs, human hair wigs, etc.)
- How much of the cost will they cover
- What specific terminology they need to have on the prescription for a wig
- What specific documentation they need to submit your claim.
More Useful Information:
- Request and obtain a prescription for a “Full Cranial Prosthesis” (or the specific terminology required by you Health Insurance Provider) from your doctor or physician including the medical procedure code A9282. Make sure the prescription does not say “Wig.” Your prescription will include a procedure number/code for your cranial prosthesis that will be used to submit your insurance claim.
- Ask your physician to please write a letter explaining hair loss and its effects and have her/him state that it is not simply for cosmetic reasons but for emotional well being.
- Keep copies of all of your documentation and invoices from your physician for tax exemption purposes.
- If you are planning on paying upfront or out of pocket initially, place your order with Ms Lola over the phone at 1-252-339-8802 so that she can email you an invoice to give to your insurance provider.
- Send all documentation (your doctor’s prescription, copy of your invoice from MsLola.com, completed insurance claim form, and any other necessary forms) to your Health Insurance Provider.
Note: If you are reviewing your insurance policy and do not see cranial prosthesis listed, this does not automatically mean that you don’t have coverage. We highly recommend calling your Health Insurance Provider and getting pre-authorization.
If your insurance won't help cover the cost of your wig, talk with your doctor or social worker about local resources. Contact your local chapter of the American Cancer Society, National Alopecia Areata Foundation (NAAF), and other foundations about qualifying for financial assistance toward the purchase of a hair piece or wig. Ms Lola is always personally available to assist with orders and product information. If you need help with ordering, please email her at
sales@MsLola.com or call 252-339-8802 before finalizing a sale or submitting payment.
Thank you for choosing MsLola.com to make your custom wig or hair unit!